Christmas is coming, and cookbooks will feature high on the giving and receiving lists of many. The right cookbook is that perfect gift: to be read, cooked from and enjoyed for years to come. And there's nothing quite like a cookbook collection for sparking interest and debate. So we thought this time of year was a good opportunity to show off the collections we love... and we'd love to see yours!
We're inviting you to share your #FestiveShelfie – a photo of your cookbooks, be they on bookshelves or coffee table, whether it's stacked from floor to ceiling or a more humble pile of well-loved classics. Just dress up your books for Christmas. That might mean a holly-wreathed Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, some baubles dangling from your Barefoot Contessa, or fairy lights draped around Ferran Adria and the Fat Duck. Be creative, post to Instagram and/or Twitter, being sure to mention and tag us (@1000Cookbooks and hashtag #FestiveShelfie).
The best image will win a wonderful box of seasonal treats filled with food goodies from one of our gourmet supplier friends. The winner will be chosen by our panel of brilliant judges, all of them self-confessed cookbook-collecting fiends:
• Olia Hercules - whose debut cookbook, Mamushka features in the 'Best of 2015' lists of many foodies
• Elly Curshen - author of the upcoming Fast Days and Feast Days (due March 2016)
• Nadia Arumugam - author of Women Chefs of New York, a round-up of some of the very best NY restaurant recipes around
• Matt Inwood, our very own art director and Instagram guru, completes the panel
The competition closes at 9am PST / Midday EST / 5pm UK / 6pm CET on Friday 18th December. The winner will be announced on Twitter and Instagram later that evening and will receive their prize the following week. We'll also be reposting some of our favourites that came in during the week.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get involved. And don't forget to tag us in your posts and hashtag them #FestiveShelfie – we won't see them if you don't! Now, go break out the tinsel and baubles and festoon your cookbooks in whatever creatively festive way you can think of! Good luck – we can't wait to see the results!
Still struggling for inspiration? Below is a gallery of #FestiveShelfie images from our judges to get you started.
* You may enter as many times as you like. The judges' decision is final. Shelfie rights remain with the author, but by entering you are granting us permission to share and re-use the image to celebrate all things Christmas and cookbooks!